QQI Level 5 Business Studies 5M2102
This one year Level 5 QQI programme will provide you with the general business skills you need to get an administration job in any public or private business setting. During the course our teachers will give you a thorough understanding of the public and private business sectors. When you have completed your studies you will be superbly equipped to apply for a clerical job or engage in further studies with us such as our QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business.
The modules on this course will contain a mix of theory and practical computer subjects to give students the opportunities to gain confidence and invaluable skills necessary for the modern workplace. We would envisage that this course will attract school leavers who have an interest in the business field but are unsure of which business area (Human Resource, Marketing, Accounting, and Sales) to pursue their degree in.
During the course we will introduce you to the core functions of Business Management, including Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, Information & Administration, Customer Service, Work Experience, Database Methods, and Spreadsheet Methods.
International Work Placement Opportunity
All business students will have the opportunity to take part in our Erasmus + Programme which will see successful candidates spend three weeks in Tenerife working in customer service and sales in the tourism Industry.
- Accounting Manual and Computerised
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised
- Marketing Practice
- Customer Service
- Work Experience
- Information and Administration
- Spreadsheet Methods
- Database Methods
- Leaving Certificate
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Mature Applicants are welcome and will be considered on their merits
Career Opportunities and Progression
There are a number of career opportunities available on completion of our 1 year course. Past students have secured employment in the following areas:
- Clerical Officer in the civil service
- Doctor’s Surgery
- Solicitor’s Office
- Payroll department
- Accounts assistant
- Hotel Receptionist
The following courses amongst many others nationally accept QQI level 5 as an appropriate entry, see the individual colleges for more details.
- Accounting: Higher Certificate in Business – Level 6 – SG108
- Accounting: BA (Hons) Accounting – Level 8 – SG146
- Business: Higher Certificate in Business – Level 6 – SG101
- Business: Bachelor of Business – Level 7 – SG536
- Business: Bachelor of Business (Hons) – Level 8 – SG141
- Business in Office Administration – Higher Certificate in Business in Office Administration – Level 6 – SG105
Students from this course also have the opportunity to progress into our Level 6 Business Course in Longford College of Further Education which has a direct progression link to year two of the Higher Certificate in Business in Athlone Institute of Technology.
Yvonne Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org