QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
The aim of this programme is to produce students with a blend of business-related knowledge and skills. We provide a focus on business management that includes human resources, finance etc.
This course offers a wide range of business-related subjects including Finance, Economics, Business Management, Spreadsheets, Marketing and Conflict Management. The course provides students with the essential skills and practical knowledge required to facilitate success in any business situation. This course offers progression to Year 2 of the Higher Certificate of Business in Athlone Institute of Technology.
The one year course is a widely recognised and highly regarded qualification. On successful completion of this course, students will have gained relevant business skills that they can apply in their future careers. They will have deepened their understanding of how business operates.
International Work Placement Opportunity
All business students will have the opportunity to take part in our Erasmus + Programme which will see successful candidates spend three weeks in Tenerife working in customer service and sales in the tourism Industry.
- Business Management
- Applied Economics
- Customer Service
- Personal & Professional Development
- Marketing Management
- Conflict Management
- QQI Level 5
- Mature Applicants are welcome and will be considered on their merits
Career Opportunities and Progression
There are a number of career opportunities available on completion of our course. Past students have secured employment in the following areas:
- Supervisory Positions
- Stock Control
- Sales Assistant
- Clerical Officer in the civil service
- Doctor’s Surgery
- Solicitor’s Office
- Payroll department
- Accounts assistant
- Hotel Receptionist
The following courses amongst many others nationally accept QQI level 6 as an appropriate entry, see the individual colleges for more details.
- Accounting: Higher Certificate in Business – Level 6 – SG108
- Accounting: BA (Hons) Accounting – Level 8 – SG146
- Business: Higher Certificate in Business – Level 6 – SG101
- Business: Bachelor of Business – Level 7 – SG536
- Business: Bachelor of Business (Hons) – Level 8 – SG141
- Business in Office Administration – Higher Certificate in Business in Office Administration – Level 6 – SG105
Students who complete their Level 6 Business have a direct progression link to year two of the Higher Certificate in Business in Athlone Institute of Technology.
Claire Prunty: email@example.com