LWETB Erasmus+ Programme
Longford College of Further Education has expanded and now has an international dimension offering students opportunities abroad through the Erasmus+ Programme.
This programme is an EU funded programme for education, training, youth and sport and runs from 2014-2020. It provides opportunities to train, study and participate in work experience abroad.
Longford College of Further Education Beauty Therapy students and Business Studies students have the opportunity to undertake a three week work placement in Tenerife. The students will work in 4 & 5 star Spa Hotels, Tourist Information Offices and Excursion Centres.
Benefits of Erasmus+ Programme
- Creates links between education and the labour market
- Increases job opportunities
- Enhances foreign language competencies
- Promotes professional & personal development
- Participants experience different cultures
- Participants receive Europass Mobility Document & Certificate of Participation
Once the student’s application has been successful they receive funding towards the cost of their flights, accommodation and living expenses while abroad. Cultural awareness and language classes are mandatory as part of the programme.
LWETB are excited about collaborating with our host European partner countries on this project.