QQI Level 5 Clerical and Payroll 5M2468
This course is designed to give students the opportunity to acquire expertise in the areas of accounts, payroll and general administration skills. It is ideal for those seeking employment in small to medium sized businesses using the latest software
The modules on this course will contain a mix of theory and practical computer subjects to give students the opportunities to gain confidence and invaluable skills necessary for the modern workplace. We would envisage that this course will attract school leavers who have an interest in the business field but are unsure of which business area (Human Resource, Marketing, Accounting, and Sales) to pursue their degree in.
During the course we will introduce you to the core functions of Business Management, including Accounting, Bookkeeping, Marketing, Information & Administration, Customer Service, Work Experience, Database Methods, and Spreadsheet Methods.
International Work Placement Opportunity
All business students will have the opportunity to take part in our Erasmus + Programme which will see successful candidates spend three weeks in Tenerife working in customer service and sales in the tourism Industry.
- Payroll Manual and Computerised – (Sage) 5N1546
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised – (TAS Books) 5N1354
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Word Processing 5N1358
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977
- Database Methods 5N0783
- Leaving Certificate
- Leaving Certificate Applied
- Mature Applicants are welcome and will be considered on their merits
Career Opportunities and Progression
A wide variety of employment opportunities exist, i.e., banking, insurance, accounts/payroll and general administration. Alternatively, there are opportunities to work in a self-employed capacity in the Accounts area for small businesses.
- Clerical Officer in the civil service
- Doctor’s Surgery
- Solicitor’s Office
- Payroll department
- Accounts assistant
- Hotel Receptionist
- The following courses amongst many others nationally accept QQI level 5 as an appropriate entry, see the individual colleges for more details.
- Accounting: Higher Certificate in Business – Level 6 – SG108
- Accounting: BA (Hons) Accounting – Level 8 – SG146
- Business: Higher Certificate in Business – Level 6 – SG101
- Business: Bachelor of Business – Level 7 – SG536
- Business: Bachelor of Business (Hons) – Level 8 – SG141
- Business in Office Administration – Higher Certificate in Business in Office Administration – Level 6 – SG105
Students from this course also have the opportunity to progress into our Level 6 Business Course in Longford College of Further Education which has a direct progression link to year two of the Higher Certificate in Business in Athlone Institute of Technology.